Early morning wake ups and jam packed schedules can make cooking breakfast a hassle. If you’re the type of person who would rather not cook a full meal in the morning and need something healthy you can bring with you in a pinch, look no farther.
Egg white muffins are an easy way to have a healthy breakfast on the go and are super easy to make. This way you can get protein, fibre, fat, and minimal carbs in a complete customizable meal.
All you need is 5 minutes to prepare them and 25 minutes to bake them.
- egg whites
- coconut oil (or another oil to grease the muffin tin)
- any other toppings you could want (meat, cheese, etc.)
- Grease as many muffin tins as needed to create your desired amount of egg white muffins (I usually eat three for one meal.)
- Put any meats, vegetables, cheese or desired fillings in the muffin tin.
- Fill the remaining space of the tin with egg whites.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 25 min.
- Once cooked you may store the muffins in Tupperware or eat them fresh.
Here are some variations I have tried…
Peppers & Spinach
Ham, Green Onion, & Double Cheddar Cheese
Mushrooms, Grape Tomatoes, & Chicken Bacon
Bon appetit! 😉
Let me know what you try!